- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups pumpkin
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 3/4 tablespoon molasses
- 5 eggs (slightly beaten )
- 2 cups evaporated milk + water (add enough to 1 can of milk to make 2 cups total)
- Combine pumpkin, brown sugar, salt,spices and molasses in a large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Blend eggs and milk into the pumpkin mixture.
- Pour into unbaked pie shells.
- Bake at 425 for 35-45 min or until knife in center comes out clean.
- Makes 2 large pies.
- This was my mother's favorite pie recipe. It is not as sweet as some variations and is very good with vanilla ice cream.
NotesThis was my mother’s favorite pie recipe. It is not as sweet as some variations and is very good with vanilla ice cream.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce