- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis was my mother’s favorite pie recipe. It is not as sweet as some variations and is very good with vanilla ice cream.
- 3 cups pumpkin
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 3/4 tablespoon molasses
- 5 eggs (slightly beaten )
- 2 cups evaporated milk + water (add enough to 1 can of milk to make 2 cups total)
- Combine pumpkin, brown sugar, salt,spices and molasses in a large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Blend eggs and milk into the pumpkin mixture.
- Pour into unbaked pie shells.
- Bake at 425 for 35-45 min or until knife in center comes out clean.
- Makes 2 large pies.
- This was my mother's favorite pie recipe. It is not as sweet as some variations and is very good with vanilla ice cream.