- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups pumpkin
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 3/4 tablespoon molasses
- 5 eggs (slightly beaten )
- 2 cups evaporated milk + water (add enough to 1 can of milk to make 2 cups total)
- Combine pumpkin, brown sugar, salt,spices and molasses in a large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Blend eggs and milk into the pumpkin mixture.
- Pour into unbaked pie shells.
- Bake at 425 for 35-45 min or until knife in center comes out clean.
- Makes 2 large pies.
- This was my mother's favorite pie recipe. It is not as sweet as some variations and is very good with vanilla ice cream.
NotesThis was my mother’s favorite pie recipe. It is not as sweet as some variations and is very good with vanilla ice cream.
Decadent Desserts Made From
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Black Bean Salad
Gabriola Clam Chowder
PUMPKIN CUSTARD PROFITEROLES WITH MAPLE CARAMELSee More