- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 cups green lentils, cooked
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced small
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 carrots, diced – do not peel!
- 10 hot house tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 1/2 cups water + 1.5 cubes of vegetable bouillon OR 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground anise seed
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp whole mustard seed
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan rock salt
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/8 tsp ground all spice
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- cayenne pepper to garnish – can also be added into the soup while cooking
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Once heated, add onion, garlic, ginger, and carrot. Saute until onions are translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer and cook for 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve with a sprinkle of cayenne to those that want it.
NotesAs with all of my recipes, I began planning it weeks ago in my trusty recipe planner. A couple of attempts later and here you have it! This soup shares many of the tastes you’d find in a curry, but is light and playful and combines fantastically with a warmed grain or crackers.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More