- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryAs with all of my recipes, I began planning it weeks ago in my trusty recipe planner. A couple of attempts later and here you have it! This soup shares many of the tastes you’d find in a curry, but is light and playful and combines fantastically with a warmed grain or crackers.
- 2 cups green lentils, cooked
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced small
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 carrots, diced – do not peel!
- 10 hot house tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 1/2 cups water + 1.5 cubes of vegetable bouillon OR 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground anise seed
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp whole mustard seed
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan rock salt
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/8 tsp ground all spice
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- cayenne pepper to garnish – can also be added into the soup while cooking
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Once heated, add onion, garlic, ginger, and carrot. Saute until onions are translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer and cook for 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve with a sprinkle of cayenne to those that want it.
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More