- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- 8 oz. low-fat kielbasa, cut 1/4 in. thick slices
- 16 oz. bag frozen pepper-onion mix
- 14 1/2 oz. can reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 c. instant brown rice
- 8 oz. shrimp (26-30 per lb.) peeled & deveined
- Heat oil in a heavy soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add sausage and pepper-onion mix, cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables soften, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add broth to pan and bring to a boil.
- Add rice, stir once, cover and cook 5 minutes. Add shrimp and stir to incorporate.
- Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, until the shrimp are opaque and cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve immediately.
- I added more seasonings.
NotesI got this recipe from "Eating Well" magazine. It is very easy and fast. We really enjoy this one when we go camping. Hope you try it and enjoy it as much as we do.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More