- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- 8 oz. low-fat kielbasa, cut 1/4 in. thick slices
- 16 oz. bag frozen pepper-onion mix
- 14 1/2 oz. can reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 c. instant brown rice
- 8 oz. shrimp (26-30 per lb.) peeled & deveined
- Heat oil in a heavy soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add sausage and pepper-onion mix, cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables soften, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add broth to pan and bring to a boil.
- Add rice, stir once, cover and cook 5 minutes. Add shrimp and stir to incorporate.
- Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, until the shrimp are opaque and cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve immediately.
- I added more seasonings.
NotesI got this recipe from "Eating Well" magazine. It is very easy and fast. We really enjoy this one when we go camping. Hope you try it and enjoy it as much as we do.
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Gluten-Free and DeliciousSee More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More