- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 8 or 9 garlic cloves minced
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons beef granules
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 cans (14 oz each) Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano (undrained)
- 1 can (6 oz.) Tomato Paste with Italian Herbs
- 2 cans (14 oz each)Tomato Sauce with Italian Herbs
- 1 can (14oz) mushrooms (drained)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper (optional)
- In Dutch oven, saute the onion, celery and garlic in olive oil until tender. Add green pepper cook for 2 minutes longer. Add water and beef grandules to vegetable mix. Stir in the last 9 ingredients. Bring to boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 1 hour. stirring occasionally
- Can also be put in the crockpot.
- Serve over pasta
- yield 12 to 14 servings
- I also add 1 lb. cooked and drained ground beef, frozon meatballs and sometimes cooked and drained Italian sasuage links.
NotesTryed all the bottled sauces for years. Just decided one day to try it on my own and this is what I came up with. My Very picky 28 year old son said, WOW, this is the best I ever put in my mouth mom. Been making it ever since. Hope you all enjoy it.
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knife
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Pandas' Favorite Pie by Kaylan & Finn Agarwal
Peggy's Hot Canapes
Panera Broccoli Cheese SoupSee More