- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 4 dozen
- Preparation Time: 20
- 4 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 1/2 t. kosher salt
- 1 1/2 t. baking soda
- 2 T. vanilla
- 4 c. all-purpose flour
- 3 c. Rice Krispies cereal
- 20 minutes before you preheat the oven--unwrap butter and place in a large mixing bowl and let it come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Lightly butter 2 baking sheets.
- With electric mixer: beat butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Add baking soda then add flour one cup at a time, mixing well between each cup.
- With wooden spoon/spatula: gently stir in Rice Krispies.
- Bake in 2 T. lumps about 3 inches apart for 15 minutes. Take out of oven, flatten each cookie with a spatula then bake for 10 minutes longer.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks.
NotesNot my original recipe, but definitely the only pastry everyone asks me to make for them again and again. i've made this for weddings, birthdays and days I'm recovering from heartache.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More