- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablesppons orange juice concentrate
- 2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a 13 by 9 by 2-inch pan and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar, and salt.
- Add butter,
- eggs, orange juice concentrate, and orange zest and beat with a handheld
- electric mixer until well blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and
- bake for 30 minutes, or until light golden brown and set.
- Remove from oven and pierce top of entire cake with a fork.
NotesI love brownies, but sometimes I like a bar that doesn't contain chocolate...I know, how can that be?...it just is. Anyway, I remade a recipe I found in a Paula Dean cookbook, because I didn't have any extract on hand, and I liked the results. Very nice, citrusy, and totally orangey!
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More