- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups solid vegetable shortening*
- 2 lbs. confectioners' sugar (There are 4 cups to a pound)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1-2 tsp. clear vanilla or your favorite flavoring
- 6-8 oz. whipping cream
- Cream shortening until fluffy. Add sugar and continue creaming until well-blended.
- Add salt, flavoring and whipping cream; blend on low speed until moistened.
- Beat at high speed until icing is fluffy.
- Extra-Special Butter cream icing needs to be refrigerated, both after it is made and when it is placed on a cake. It will keep 3-5 days in the refrigerator.
NotesThis icing is similar to the flavor and has a medium consistency like bakery icing. It is ideal for frosting and borders.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Coca-Cola Biscuits from Southern Biscuits Cookbook
Summer Stone Sangria
Beef & Broccoli over Hong Kong Pan Fried NoodlesSee More