- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups solid vegetable shortening*
- 2 lbs. confectioners' sugar (There are 4 cups to a pound)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1-2 tsp. clear vanilla or your favorite flavoring
- 6-8 oz. whipping cream
- Cream shortening until fluffy. Add sugar and continue creaming until well-blended.
- Add salt, flavoring and whipping cream; blend on low speed until moistened.
- Beat at high speed until icing is fluffy.
- Extra-Special Butter cream icing needs to be refrigerated, both after it is made and when it is placed on a cake. It will keep 3-5 days in the refrigerator.
NotesThis icing is similar to the flavor and has a medium consistency like bakery icing. It is ideal for frosting and borders.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More