FALAFEL BALLS AND TACHINA DRESSING
- 14 ounce package dried chick peas (or use 19 ounce can of chick peas)
- * 4 to 6 cloves garlic
- * 1 large onion, quartered
- * 1/2 cup loosely packed parsley
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- * freshly ground pepper
- * 1 teaspoon cumin (or to taste)
- * dash cayenne pepper or coriander
- * 6 tablespoons toasted bread crumbs
- * 2 eggs
- * 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Tachina Dressing:
- * 1 clove garlic
- * 1/2 cup Tahini (sesame seed butter)
- * 1/3 cup water
- * 2 tablespoons lemon juice (or to taste)
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- * pepper, cumin to taste if desired
Soak chick peas over night in cold water until soft. Drop garlic through feed tube while machine is running. Process until minced. Discard peel. Add onion and parsley: process until minced. Add remaining ingredients and process until finely ground and smooth, about 20 to 30 seconds, scraping down bowl as necessary, might have to do in two loads.
Form into 1- inch balls.
Deep fry in hot oil until golden.
May be frozen
Process garlic while machine running until minced. Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth (consistency should be like mayonnaise. If it gets too thick add a little more water