- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 1/2 c. flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1- 8oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In med. boul stir together flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl beat butter and cream cheese. Add sugar, beat until fluffy. Add egg, vanilla,and almond extract; beat well.
- Gradually add flour mixture to creamed mixture, beating well after each addition. Divide dough into thirds (about 2 cups each) Cover and chill overnight. Or place in moisture and vaporproof plastic bags. Seal, label and freeze up to 3 months.
- This dough may be used to make rolled cookies, crescents, balls, or my favorite, thumb print cookies with a preserve filling. Chocolate chips (I use the miniture ones) or finely chopped nuts can be added when you are ready to bake the cookies.
- Its a great dough to have mixed up ahead of time for when you are wanting a batch of cookies. What you do with it is limited only by your imagination.
- The amount of cookies it will make depends on how you use it but most times will yield 2 doz. per bag.
NotesThis is a dough that has unlimited ways of useing it. Have been makeing this for many years now for all occasions. By changeing the extract you can come up with a completely different cookie, also with a few drops of food coloring you can really get fancy.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More