- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 1/2 c. flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1- 8oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In med. boul stir together flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl beat butter and cream cheese. Add sugar, beat until fluffy. Add egg, vanilla,and almond extract; beat well.
- Gradually add flour mixture to creamed mixture, beating well after each addition. Divide dough into thirds (about 2 cups each) Cover and chill overnight. Or place in moisture and vaporproof plastic bags. Seal, label and freeze up to 3 months.
- This dough may be used to make rolled cookies, crescents, balls, or my favorite, thumb print cookies with a preserve filling. Chocolate chips (I use the miniture ones) or finely chopped nuts can be added when you are ready to bake the cookies.
- Its a great dough to have mixed up ahead of time for when you are wanting a batch of cookies. What you do with it is limited only by your imagination.
- The amount of cookies it will make depends on how you use it but most times will yield 2 doz. per bag.
NotesThis is a dough that has unlimited ways of useing it. Have been makeing this for many years now for all occasions. By changeing the extract you can come up with a completely different cookie, also with a few drops of food coloring you can really get fancy.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Picnic Chicken SaladSee More