- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time: 2
- 300 gr flour
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoon of cocoa (without sugar)
- Water (if necessary)
- Mix flour and cocoa.
- Make well in center of flour/cocoa
- Add eggs.
- Work eggs into flour with fingers to make a soft dough.
- Knead dough 10 minutes or until dough is soft and smooth.
- Cover with a towel and let dough rest at least 30 minutes, optimal for an hour. You can put it even in the fridge.
- Cut dough into 3 parts.
- Roll each quarter to a very thin rectangle using the hand-machine for home made pasta. I have a machine with 5 size level.
- The technique is to start from the less thin number then flip like a book in 3 layers. Pass the pasta into the lower rolls and repeat till reaching the thinnest size.
- Slice dough across into 1/4 inch wide strips.
- Unwind strips and allow to dry on clean dry towels for 1 hour or longer.
- Cook the pasta in salted, boiling water. Since it's fresh, it will cook in three to five minutes.
- You can cook it even the day after.
- I usually serve these fettuccine with cocoa with a ragù with cinnamon.
NotesHere is the recipe of my first homemade fettuccine.
They are really simple to do.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Short & Sweet
The Naked MacaronSee More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More