- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time: 2
- 300 gr flour
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoon of cocoa (without sugar)
- Water (if necessary)
- Mix flour and cocoa.
- Make well in center of flour/cocoa
- Add eggs.
- Work eggs into flour with fingers to make a soft dough.
- Knead dough 10 minutes or until dough is soft and smooth.
- Cover with a towel and let dough rest at least 30 minutes, optimal for an hour. You can put it even in the fridge.
- Cut dough into 3 parts.
- Roll each quarter to a very thin rectangle using the hand-machine for home made pasta. I have a machine with 5 size level.
- The technique is to start from the less thin number then flip like a book in 3 layers. Pass the pasta into the lower rolls and repeat till reaching the thinnest size.
- Slice dough across into 1/4 inch wide strips.
- Unwind strips and allow to dry on clean dry towels for 1 hour or longer.
- Cook the pasta in salted, boiling water. Since it's fresh, it will cook in three to five minutes.
- You can cook it even the day after.
- I usually serve these fettuccine with cocoa with a ragù with cinnamon.
NotesHere is the recipe of my first homemade fettuccine.
They are really simple to do.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More