- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 Medium Potatoes (About 1 1/2 Pounds)
- Peel potatoes. Square each end and sides. Cut each into 3/4-inch slices. Stack slices. Cut into 3/4-inch sticks. Place in a bowl of cold water to soak for 30 minutes. Soaking removes starch, so potatoes will be crisp when deep fried.
- Heat vegetable oil to 350 degrees in a deep-fat fryer.
- Drain potatoes, pat dry using paper towels. Remember to dry thoroughly, any excess water will splatter when they are added to the oil.
- Dip frying basket in oil (this prevents potatoes from sticking to it), add potatoes. Lower basket into oil. Deep fry until just tender when pierced, and are starting to brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Lift basket out of oil, let potatoes drain. They are now partially cooked. After fish has been cooked, place the potatoes back in fryer basket, fry until hot, golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Adventures in Cooking
The NourishFull KitchenSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More