- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 Medium Potatoes (About 1 1/2 Pounds)
- Peel potatoes. Square each end and sides. Cut each into 3/4-inch slices. Stack slices. Cut into 3/4-inch sticks. Place in a bowl of cold water to soak for 30 minutes. Soaking removes starch, so potatoes will be crisp when deep fried.
- Heat vegetable oil to 350 degrees in a deep-fat fryer.
- Drain potatoes, pat dry using paper towels. Remember to dry thoroughly, any excess water will splatter when they are added to the oil.
- Dip frying basket in oil (this prevents potatoes from sticking to it), add potatoes. Lower basket into oil. Deep fry until just tender when pierced, and are starting to brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Lift basket out of oil, let potatoes drain. They are now partially cooked. After fish has been cooked, place the potatoes back in fryer basket, fry until hot, golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More