- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1/2 pound kasseri cheese, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- Juice of one lemon
- You can also use mozzarella cheese
- Heat the butter in a large heavy skillet over moderate heat. Beat the egg and flour together, and dip the
- cheese slices into the mixture. Fry until well browned on both sides. Remove from the heat and add the
- brandy. Carefully ignite the brandy with a match, and shake the skillet until the flame is extinguished.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the cheese and serve from the skillet along with crusty bread.
- Serves 6 to 8.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
A Falcon Feast
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More