- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstorySO WARM AND CREAMY.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 ounces pancetta or bacon, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf (Italian) parsley, minced
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, warm the oil. When it is hot, add the pancetta and saute until it browns slightly, about 5 minutes. Raise the heat to medium, add the onion and carrots, and saute until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and oregano and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste, mixing well. Add the broth and the beans. Raise the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium. Add the spinach and cook until it is wilted and the flavors have blended, about 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle the soup into bowls, sprinkle with the parsley, and serve.