- Cooking Time:
- Servings: Makes about 8 tortillas
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups gf flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup warm milk
- 2-1/2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl, combine the gf flour with salt and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, combine the warm milk with the oil. Using an electric mixer, beat the flour mixture low speed.
- Gradually add the warm milk and oil mixture until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Increase the mixer speed to medium and continue to beat for about 1 minute.
- Gather the dough into a ball and place in a lightly greased bowl; cover and let sit for 45 minutes.
- Cut the dough into 8 equal portions. (Keep remaining dough covered while working with each piece.)
- Roll out one piece of dough on a gf floured surface until it is about 6-8" in diameter.
- Place a plate on top of the dough and cut around the outer edges. This will give you a nice round tortilla shape. Continue with the remaining pieces of dough until you have 8 tortillas.
- Cover the tortillas with a clean dishcloth.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Lightly grease the pan with vegetable oil.
- Place one tortilla on the hot skillet and cook for 1 minute. When the tortilla begins to bubble in places, flip and continue to cook for 1 additional minute or until it slightly bubbles and browns in places.
- Place finished tortilla’s under a clean, damp dishcloth.
- Use these delicious tortillas for your favorite wraps, burritos or soft tacos.
NotesReprinted from Celi-Yak News - Spring 2011
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Babette's Test Kitchen
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More