- Cooking Time:
- Servings: Makes about 8 tortillas
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups gf flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup warm milk
- 2-1/2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl, combine the gf flour with salt and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, combine the warm milk with the oil. Using an electric mixer, beat the flour mixture low speed.
- Gradually add the warm milk and oil mixture until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Increase the mixer speed to medium and continue to beat for about 1 minute.
- Gather the dough into a ball and place in a lightly greased bowl; cover and let sit for 45 minutes.
- Cut the dough into 8 equal portions. (Keep remaining dough covered while working with each piece.)
- Roll out one piece of dough on a gf floured surface until it is about 6-8" in diameter.
- Place a plate on top of the dough and cut around the outer edges. This will give you a nice round tortilla shape. Continue with the remaining pieces of dough until you have 8 tortillas.
- Cover the tortillas with a clean dishcloth.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Lightly grease the pan with vegetable oil.
- Place one tortilla on the hot skillet and cook for 1 minute. When the tortilla begins to bubble in places, flip and continue to cook for 1 additional minute or until it slightly bubbles and browns in places.
- Place finished tortilla’s under a clean, damp dishcloth.
- Use these delicious tortillas for your favorite wraps, burritos or soft tacos.
NotesReprinted from Celi-Yak News - Spring 2011
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Jean’s Recipe FileSee More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More