- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, cut into pieces
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup sifted unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 large eggs
- Caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Butter 10-inch-diameter springform pan.
- Line bottom with waxed paper.
- Stir butter and chocolate in heavy large saucepan over low heat until melted.
- Mix sugar and cocoa in large bowl.
- Add eggs; whisk until well blended.
- Whisk in chocolate-butter mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Cool cake completely in pan on rack.
- Run knife around pan sides to loosen cake. Release pan sides. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Cut cake into wedges.
- If desired, arrange wedges on baking sheet and rewarm in 350F oven 10 minutes.
- Rewarm caramel sauce over medium-low heat, stirring often.
- Place 1 cake wedge on each plate.
- Drizzle with warm caramel sauce.
- Serve with ice cream
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Curried Wheat Bread
Chicken Fried Steak (TNT)
BRIE AND PROSCIUTTO FILLED CHILE RELLENOS ON A BED OF FIGS AND ARUGULASee More