- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, cut into pieces
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup sifted unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 large eggs
- Caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Butter 10-inch-diameter springform pan.
- Line bottom with waxed paper.
- Stir butter and chocolate in heavy large saucepan over low heat until melted.
- Mix sugar and cocoa in large bowl.
- Add eggs; whisk until well blended.
- Whisk in chocolate-butter mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Cool cake completely in pan on rack.
- Run knife around pan sides to loosen cake. Release pan sides. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Cut cake into wedges.
- If desired, arrange wedges on baking sheet and rewarm in 350F oven 10 minutes.
- Rewarm caramel sauce over medium-low heat, stirring often.
- Place 1 cake wedge on each plate.
- Drizzle with warm caramel sauce.
- Serve with ice cream
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More