- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryReprinted from Celi-Yak News - Fall 2010
- 2/3 cup butter, chopped
- 4 squares (112 g) Baker’s semi sweet
- chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 tsp Maxwell House instant coffee, dissolved
- in 2 tbsp hot water
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 cups ground almonds
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Microwave butter, chocolate, ¾ cup of granulated sugar and dissolved coffee in a microwaveable bowl on medium – 2 ½ minutes or until butter is
- melted and chocolate is almost melted.
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted and slightly cooled.
- Beat egg yolks and to chocolate mixture.
- Stir in ground almonds. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites with electric mixer on high speed until foamy.
- Gradually add remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold egg whites into chocolate almond mixture until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into parchment-lined 20 cm (8-inch) springform pan.
- Tap lightly on counter to release any air bubbles.
- Bake 1 hour or until wooden toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool 2 hours.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar; serve with fresh raspberries.