- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup butter, chopped
- 4 squares (112 g) Baker’s semi sweet
- chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 tsp Maxwell House instant coffee, dissolved
- in 2 tbsp hot water
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 cups ground almonds
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Microwave butter, chocolate, ¾ cup of granulated sugar and dissolved coffee in a microwaveable bowl on medium – 2 ½ minutes or until butter is
- melted and chocolate is almost melted.
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted and slightly cooled.
- Beat egg yolks and to chocolate mixture.
- Stir in ground almonds. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites with electric mixer on high speed until foamy.
- Gradually add remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold egg whites into chocolate almond mixture until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into parchment-lined 20 cm (8-inch) springform pan.
- Tap lightly on counter to release any air bubbles.
- Bake 1 hour or until wooden toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool 2 hours.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar; serve with fresh raspberries.
NotesReprinted from Celi-Yak News - Fall 2010
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More