- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- 12 slices day-old French bread (1 inch thick)
- 5 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Arrange bread in a greased 13 X 9 inch X 2 inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, 3/4 cup brown sugar, vanilla and nutmeg; pour over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Sprinkle pecans over egg mixture.
- Combine butter and remaining sugar; drizzle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 deg. F for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with blueberries. Bake 10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes our clean. Yield: 6 - 8 servings.
NotesStart this the night before
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More