- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time:
- 4 ears sweet corn, in the husk
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans
- 8–10 fresh basil leaves cut into thin strips
- 5 cups baby arugula, spinach or romaine lettuce for serving
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Soak the corn in the sink or a bowl filled with cold water for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare vinaigrette by mixing the oil with vinegar, mustard, garlic, chives, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Once corn has soaked, place on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast for 25 minutes, until kernels are tender. Cool to room temperature, then discard husks and silks. Cut the kernels off the cobs and put them in a large bowl. Add the mozzarella, avocados, tomatoes, black beans and basil.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad. Toss gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper and serve over a bed of greens.
NotesGreat salad for a bbq.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
My Family Cookbook
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More