- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20
BackstorySeems there is always a batch going around, but if not-start your own!
- 3/4 c. canned peaches in heavy syrup, use only 1/2 c. of the juice and cut peaches in sm. pieces
- 3/4 c. pineapple chunks, use 1/2 c. of the juice and cut pineapple in 2
- 6 Maraschino cherries, cut in half (no juice)
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 pkg. dry yeast or quick rise yeast
- Place above mixture in glass jar with loose cover in a fairly warm place. Stir several times the first day, then once a day for two weeks. At the end of the two weeks you will have the "starter" for the 30 day fruitcake. BEGIN WITH DAY 1, and continue for the 30 days as directed for 30 day FRIENDSHIP FRUITCAKE.