- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (1/2 of a 15-ounce package)
- 6 ounces low fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup canned almond paste, broken into small chunks
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 can (16 ounces) apricot halves, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) pear halves, drained
- 3 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
- Heat the oven to 450º F. Press the pie crust into a 9-inch tart pan or pie plate. Prick the bottom with a fork. Bake for 11 to 14 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven; cool on a wire rack. Meanwhile, blend the cream cheese and almond paste in a mixer or food processor until smooth. Blend in the condensed milk, lemon juice and zest. Spread the mixture in the bottom of the baked pastry shell. Arrange the fruit, cut sides down, alternating apricots with pears in a decorative pattern on top of the filling. Sprinkle with the almonds. Refrigerate until the filling is firm, at least 3 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 470; Total fat 19g; Saturated fat 8g; Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium 230mg; Total carbohydrate 69g; Fiber 4g; Protein 9g; Vitamin A 40%DV*; Vitamin C 10%DV; Calcium 20%DV; Iron 6%DV *Daily Value
NotesTarts make great desserts for special occasions or everyday treats. Indulge occasionally. Try this fruit tart that combines apricots and pears with toasted almonds, one more way to fit fruit in.