- Cooking Time: 12
- Servings: 48
- Preparation Time: 5-10
- FUDGE CRINKLES:
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup shortening.
- 1 pkg cake mix
- 1 pkg frosting mix ( hard to find, but some stores, such as gourmet grocery stores have them)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees f.
- Blend eggs and shortening in bowl of a mixer. Add half of cake mix (dry mix). Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add remaining cake mix. Blend on low speed, scraping bowl often.
- Form into 1 inch balls; place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Cookies will rise, then settle, but will be soft in center when done. Allow to cool on baking/cookie sheet 1 - 2 minutes before removing.
- Prepare frosting mix as directed on package. Frost cookies and decorate with chopped nuts, red cinnamon candies if desired. Or make sandwich cookies but putting two cookies together with frosting as filling. Makes 4 dozen single cookies or 2 dozen sandwich cookies.
NotesThis is a classic recipe. It's very simple, I used to make these cookies once a month. Just recengtly found it in an old collection of recipes. Thought I'd share it.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!See More
Molten Chocolate Walnut Cupcakes
Rabiole Soup (white turnip)
Stamp you passport ~> Portuguese HamburgersSee More