- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a deep-fryer, or heavy skillet, heat oil to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, beat milk and eggs together. Combine flour, baking powder, sugar,cinnamon and salt. Stir into the egg mixture until smooth.
- While covering the funnel hole with one hand, pour in 1 cup of batter.
- Start from the center in a swirling motion to make a 6 or 7 inch round.
- Fry on both sides until golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and serve warm, or top with ice cream and fresh strawberries.
NotesThese are very good.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Lau Family Recipes
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Short & SweetSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More