- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 baby carrots, cooked until soft
- 16 oz canned tuna in olive oil, drained
- 2 oz cooked herring, skin removed
- 2 tbl whole grain bread crumbs or oatmeal
- 2-3 tbl grated cheese
- 2 tsp brewer's yeast
- Several pinches of chopped catnip
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbl tomato paste (not ketchup)
- Preheat the oven to 350*. Mash the carrots with the fish, bread crumbs or oatmeal, cheese, brewer's yeast, catnip, egg and tomato paste to an even paste. Mold into small balls and put on a greased baking tray. Bake for 15-20 minutes, checking frequently: the fish balls should be golden brown and feel firm. Cool thoroughly.
NotesBakeSpace Note: Please keep in mind that some experts express concern that homemade pet food may not contain the optimal combination of nutrients (amino acids, fatty acids, vitamins and minerals) that pets require for long-term health. Your pet’s species, breed, age and any existing medical problems should be considered before preparing a homemade meal. Please consult your veterinarian for more information.
You must SAVE this recipe
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Italian Exchange
Watt's Cooking in PA?
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More