- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup boiling water
- *I added 1/2 tsp. Instant coffee - I always add coffee to chocolate to enhance the flavor
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat 1/2 cup butter or margarine and 2 1/2 cups brown sugar until well mixed. Add eggs one at a time. Beat in the vanilla and melted chocolate squares. Add 1/2 the sour cream and then 1/2 the dry ingredients to the butter mixture until well blended.
- Add the remaining sour cream and dry ingredients to the batter. Stir in boiling water.
- Bake in a greased 9 X 13 inch pan for 35 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes before icing.
- Spread frosting of your choice over cooled cake.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Koken met Oma
Gluten-Free and DeliciousSee More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More