- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup boiling water
- *I added 1/2 tsp. Instant coffee - I always add coffee to chocolate to enhance the flavor
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat 1/2 cup butter or margarine and 2 1/2 cups brown sugar until well mixed. Add eggs one at a time. Beat in the vanilla and melted chocolate squares. Add 1/2 the sour cream and then 1/2 the dry ingredients to the butter mixture until well blended.
- Add the remaining sour cream and dry ingredients to the batter. Stir in boiling water.
- Bake in a greased 9 X 13 inch pan for 35 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes before icing.
- Spread frosting of your choice over cooled cake.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Julia Child's Supremes de Volaille Archiduc
Chicken MoleSee More