- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups sliced & chunked fresh peaches (peeled)
- 2 large cans evaporated skim milk (I used Pet brand)
- 4 large eggs
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2% milk
- Pour evaporated milk into large bowl and whisk until frothy. (an electric mixer may also be used)
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs well. Stir in sugar and vanilla extract. Pour the egg mixture into the bowl of evaporated milk and mix thoroughly.
- Add fresh peaches and fold into mixture.
- Pour mixture into ice cream bucket and add the 2% milk to the fill line.
- Follow your ice cream maker's directions for churning.
- (Mine took approximately 30 minutes to complete)
- Serve immediately.
- You can wrap a blanket or quilt around the ice cream maker to keep the ice cream set until it is all served or you transfer it to a container for freezing.
- If you want the full fat flavor, you may substitute whole milk and regular evaporated milk in the recipe. I imagine the ice cream may be creamier if you do, but mine was almost perfect as is. I would have substituted Splenda for the sugar but didn't have enough on hand.
- Makes 6 quarts
NotesThis recipe is one I modified somewhat from the original which was given to me by a preacher's wife in my old neighborhood, and I've made it several times
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More