- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 2-4 people
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup of milk (any kind)
- Cooking Spray
- 1 TB of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- ½ cup of a small to medium onion coarsely chopped
- ½ cup of a large red bell pepper finely chopped
- ½ tsp of red chile pepper flakes
- 1 cup of small broccoli tops (florets) chopped in small pieces
- ¾ cup of shredded pepper jack cheese
- ½ tsp of kosher salt
- 1) Set oven rack on top shelf and preheat to broil and set temperature to 500 degrees. Spray cast iron 10-12 inch skillet/frying pan with cooking spray then add oil and swirl around pan till it’s completely covered.
- 2) Take a glass measuring cup and pour in a 1 cup of water and add chopped broccoli (want broccoli mostly covered with water). Cook in microwave on high for 3 minutes until its cooked (not overcooked).
- 3)Add onions, red pepper, and hot chile pepper flakes to the hot skillet sauté. Stir frequently till peppers and onions are mostly cooked. Lower temperature to medium after a few minutes and add minced garlic and stir till there lightly golden.
- 4) Beat eggs and milk till fluffy in a medium bowl. Add the beaten egg mixture into the hot skillet, then the steamed broccoli, and finally the shredded cheese. Make sure to gently and evenly spread vegetables for about 1 minute in the egg mixture. Sprinkle salt over egg mixture. Avoid scrambling the eggs and let the eggs set. You will notice the eggs sticking to the side of the pan and the center will start to gel (look gooey).
- 5) Place frying pan on top shelf (rack) in oven and leave the oven slightly ajar. Should take 3-5 minutes of cooking time. Check oven every minute and rotate pan to evenly brown the top of the the eggs. Frittata cooks fast and can easily burn so keep a close watch. When eggs are brown and puffy, pull out of oven immediately and cool on top of cold stove. Let cool for 3-5 minutes and cut with a pie cutter into wedges.
- Guru Tips:
- -Recipe can be doubled and can use a larger pan
- -Any veggies or cheese can be used to make Frittatas
- -To lighten or make a lower calorie dish, use 2 eggs and 4 egg whites
- -Leftovers can be refrigerated or frozen depending on how soon you eat it
Notes"Cooking Guru" is a Web Series features simple and healthy meals. Each episode is 2-4 minutes in length, with 8 episodes per season - 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners, a snack, and a dessert.
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
CAPT'N CRUNCH Chili Chicken
Salted, Spiced Caramel SauceSee More