- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- Cream Together:
- 5 lg egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sweet marsala OR Tia Maria
- For Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup whipping cream, chilled
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 1 lb. mascarpone cheese
- (if unavailable, use two 8 oz pkgs cream cheese plus 1/2 cup heavy cream and 5 Tbsp sour cream)
- 1 recipe Zabaglione, above
- 2 cups espresso, or strong coffee
- 1/2 cup brandy or sweet marsala
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 2 7 oz pkgs Alessi Savoiardi cookies
- (or crisp Ladyfingers)
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- grated chocolate for garnish
- Beat eggs and sugar in top of double boiler until pale yellow.
- In bottom of double boiler boil water, then simmer.
- Place egg yolk mixture over water and gradually add spirits, beating constantly.
- Scrape sides and bottom of pan & cook 6 to 10 minutes or until soft mounds can be formed. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Whip cream with 2 Tbsp sugar until soft peaks form. Fold in Mascarpone and Zabaglione; mix well. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour.
- In separate bowl mix espresso and 2 Tbsp sugar, brandy and vanilla.
- Arrange 16 cookies on the bottom of a 9" x 13" pan; spoon 1 Tbsp of coffee over each cookie. Spoon 1/3 cheese mixture over cookies & sprinkle with 1 Tbsp cocoa (via small sieve)
- Repeat 2 more times, ending with cocoa.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 5 hours or overnight so cookies soften.
- Garnish with chocolate curls.
NotesThis recipe comes from my good friend Faith Durbin
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
NFPG Recipe CollectionSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More