- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 bag (1 pound) frozen stir-fry bell peppers and onions, thawed
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope (1.4 ounces) fajita seasoning mix
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles , each about 6 to 8 inches long and 3 inches wide
- 3 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese (12 ounces)
- 1 can (2 1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Garnish as desired:
- Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- Sour cream
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Spray bottom and sides of rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches, with cooking spray. Drain thawed bell pepper mixture on several layers of paper towels; set aside.
- Cook beef in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain. Stir in tomato sauce and seasoning mix; heat to boiling. Spread 1/2 cup sauce mixture in baking dish. Arrange 4 noodles crosswise, slightly overlapping, on sauce. Spread 1 1/2 cups sauce over noodles, completely covering noodles. Spread pepper mixture evenly over sauce; sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese.
- Arrange 4 noodles crosswise, slightly overlapping, on cheese. Spread about 1 1/2 cups sauce over noodles, completely covering noodles. Sprinkle 1 cup of the cheese and the olives over sauce. Arrange 4 noodles crosswise, slightly overlapping, on olives. Spread remaining sauce over noodles, completely covering noodles. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Spray piece of aluminum foil large enough to cover baking dish with cooking spray. Tightly cover baking dish with foil, sprayed side down. Bake about 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Serve with guacamole, salsa and sour cream.
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Italy or Bust
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More