- 1 lb Penne, Mostaccioli or other medium pasta shape, uncooked
- 1 lb lean boneless top round steak 1 1/4 cup low-sodium tomato juice, divided
- 1/4 cup lime juice 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin 1/2 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 tsp vegetable oil 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 cup sliced purple onion
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream 1-2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- Shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese (optional)
1 Slice steak diagonally across grain into 1/4-inch strips.
Place steak in zip-top plastic bag. Add 1/2 cup tomato juice, lime juice, garlic, cumin and ground red pepper.
Marinate in refrigerator at least 4 hours.
2 Prepare pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, remove steak from marinade.
3 Coat a large skillet with cooking spray; add oil and place over high heat until hot.
Add steak and cook 3 minutes or until done. Remove steak from skillet and keep warm.
Recoat skillet with cooking spray.
Add pepper strips and onion to skillet; sauté until crisp-tender.
4 When pasta is done, drain well.
Place in a large bowl.
Add steak, pepper mixture, sour cream, jalapeño, and remaining 3/4 cup tomato juice.
Salt and pepper to taste.
5 If desired, sprinkle with shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese.