- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb Penne, Mostaccioli or other medium pasta shape, uncooked
- 1 lb lean boneless top round steak 1 1/4 cup low-sodium tomato juice, divided
- 1/4 cup lime juice 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin 1/2 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 tsp vegetable oil 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 cup sliced purple onion
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream 1-2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- Shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1 Slice steak diagonally across grain into 1/4-inch strips.
- Place steak in zip-top plastic bag. Add 1/2 cup tomato juice, lime juice, garlic, cumin and ground red pepper.
- Marinate in refrigerator at least 4 hours.
- 2 Prepare pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, remove steak from marinade.
- Discard marinade.
- 3 Coat a large skillet with cooking spray; add oil and place over high heat until hot.
- Add steak and cook 3 minutes or until done. Remove steak from skillet and keep warm.
- Recoat skillet with cooking spray.
- Add pepper strips and onion to skillet; sauté until crisp-tender.
- 4 When pasta is done, drain well.
- Place in a large bowl.
- Add steak, pepper mixture, sour cream, jalapeño, and remaining 3/4 cup tomato juice.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
- 5 If desired, sprinkle with shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More