FAJITAS BORRACHAS (DRUNKEN)
- Cooking Time: 7 to 9
- Preparation Time:
- Borrachas Marinade:
- 12 oz beer
- juice of 1 orange
- juice of 3 limes
- 2 T Worcestershire sauce
- 2 skirt steaks, 1-1 1/4 lb each, trimmed of membrane and fat
- Fajitas dry rub:
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 T kosher salt
- 1 T packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 t. ground cumin
- Flour tortillas, warmed
- avocado slices
- sauted slices onions and green peppers
- At least 2.5 hours and up to the night before you plan to grill the fajitas, prepare the marinade, combining the ingredients in a medium bowl. Place the skirt steaks in a plastic bag, pour the marinade over them, and refrigerate.
- Remove the meat from teh refrigerator and drain it, blotting the surface of moisture. Combine the dry rub ingredients in a small bowl and coat the steaks with the rub. Let the steaks sit covered at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Fire up the grill, bringing the temperature to high (1-2 seconds with the hand test).
- Grill the meat uncovered over high heat for 4-5 minutes per side until rare to medium rare.
- Turn a minimum of three times, more often if juice begins to form on the surface.
- If grilling covered cook for 7 - 9 minutes, turning midway.
- Cut the steaks across the grain and diagonally into thin finger-length strips.
NotesFrom Born to Grill. This is our house fajita recipe. We've tried others and will never make anything but this one. Try to use skirt steaks. Flank steak or sirloin can be substituted but it will be tougher. Skirt steak is the perfect choice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Hot and Sour Soup
My Husband’s Favorite Desert
Mickey's Pulled PorkSee More