- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups of dry chick peas
- 1 medium onion quartered
- 2-3 clove garlic
- 2-3 slices stale bread
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/3 head sweet red pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp red hot pepper flakes
- 4 tsp flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 water
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup water
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- Pick out any foreign matter that may be in the chick peas. Place in a large bowl, cover generously with water and soak overnight.
- Drain peas, Add onion, garlic, bread,parsley,and red sweet pepper.
- Run through the fine blade of a meat grinder or you may use a food processor until mealy.
- Add spices, flour, 2tsp baking powder and water.
- Mix well. In a small dish mix remaining baking powder and water.
- Use it to moisten the palm of your hands and form balls of the chickpeas mixture the size of walnuts, then flatten a bit.
- Deep fry in oil at medium high heat until golden brown.
- Serve pipping hot.
- To serve: Place a few in a crusty roll or pita pocket,top with tartoor sauce, lettuce, sliced onion, dill pickle spears, tomatoes
NotesA must Try to everyone!!!!!!!!! SAHHAA
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More