- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time: 1 hou
- 5 cups flour
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Romano cheese
- 4 or 5 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- salt and pepper
- fresh or dried parsley
- Olive oil
- Whisk the oil, water, egg, salt and cheese. Make a well with the flour and pour the oil mixture in the middle. Mix like you would make any dough.
- In a large bowl, mix the filling ingredients and pour about a cup of olive oil over and let it set.
- Divide the dough into 5 pieces and roll one out at a time, like a pie crust. Put the potatoe filling in the middle and then roll up the sides and crimp with a fork. They will look like a large ravioli or pirogi.
- Brush each falagone with a beaten egg, and prick top with a fork.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
NotesMy aunts and cousins have made this recipe for years and years. It is our version of a calzone, which we never heard of when we were growing up.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More