- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time: 1 hou
- 5 cups flour
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Romano cheese
- 4 or 5 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- salt and pepper
- fresh or dried parsley
- Olive oil
- Whisk the oil, water, egg, salt and cheese. Make a well with the flour and pour the oil mixture in the middle. Mix like you would make any dough.
- In a large bowl, mix the filling ingredients and pour about a cup of olive oil over and let it set.
- Divide the dough into 5 pieces and roll one out at a time, like a pie crust. Put the potatoe filling in the middle and then roll up the sides and crimp with a fork. They will look like a large ravioli or pirogi.
- Brush each falagone with a beaten egg, and prick top with a fork.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
NotesMy aunts and cousins have made this recipe for years and years. It is our version of a calzone, which we never heard of when we were growing up.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More