- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 10 cups mesclun greens
- 2 medium fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 8 to 10 clementines or 4 to 5 oranges, peeled and separated into segments
- 1 cup spiced pecans or caramelized walnuts
- To make vinaigrette, combine raspberries, balsamic vinegar and olive oil in a blender. Mix until smooth.
- Using a very large salad bowl, gently toss the mesclun greens, fennel and cranberries. Add the clementines or oranges. Just before serving, add the spiced pecans and toss with just enough raspberry vinaigrette to lightly coat the greens. Serve immediately.
Per serving (about 6oz/177g-wt.): 300 calories (180 from fat), 20g total fat, 2.5g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 30mg sodium, 32g total carbohydrate (5g dietary fiber, 21g sugar), 3g protein