- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryAn Exqisite Rose-infused Milkshake
I make this nourishing drink during our Fasting month when quenching the need of an "ever pressing thirst." It is so delectably dreamy and possibly is one way of getting part of your required Vitamin D. Both children and adults alike would savor this drink immensely and here overindulgence could very well supercede constraint!
This recipe was handed down by my Mom to me and all her elders even before her Grandmother! I have altered the ingredient list a little to suit my taste and is still as delicious as the original.
- Please use organic ingredients if possible.
- 'Tukmuria seeds'( jelly seeds available from an Indian grocery store)
- 'Rooh-afza'( rose-infused syrup from Indian store)
- Whole milk
- French vanilla ice cream( I make my own, but any brand will do.)
- Soak 3T Tukmuria seeds in water until the seeds are just covered for 10-15mins.
- Set aside.
- The seeds should be "spongy" in appearance.
- In the meanwhile pour 6-8 cups of cold milk into a glass jug.
- Whisk 6-8 scoops of the ice cream into the milk.
- Stir in 3-5 T of the 'Rooh-afza' into the milk or more depending on the desired color.
- This syrup imparts a strong rose flavor!
- Drain the 'Tukmuria' seeds and add all or less depending on how much you prefer.
- Serve in pretty glasses and garnish with a scoop of ice cream.