- Cooking Time: 50
- Servings: eight
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 Cup butter
- 1 Cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon baking soda, dissolved in a little bit of lukewarm water
- 2 Cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- dash of nutmeg
- 1 cup raisins
- pinch of salt
- Cream together butter, sugar and spices.
- Add applesauce, flour and baking soda.
- Add the raisins and walnuts. Beat thoroughly and pour into a loaf pan.
- Bake at 350ºF for 50 minutes.
- Icing: 1 cup powdered sugar, piece of butter the size of a walnut.
- Moisten with a little water and spread over cake.
NotesSince today is the 64th anniversary of "Bevrijdings Dag" (Liberation Day) in the Netherlands I thought would share with all of you a delicious Dutch recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More