- Cooking Time: 15 mins
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 15 mins
- 2 split (1 whole) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 extra-large egg
- 1/2 tablespoon water
- 3/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- Good olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature, divided
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons), lemon halves reserved
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of parchment paper or plastic wrap and pound out to 1/4-inch thick. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Mix the flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper in a shallow plate. In a second plate, beat the egg and 1/2 tablespoon of water together. Place the bread crumbs on a third plate. Dip each chicken breast first in the flour, shake off the excess, and then dip in the egg and bread crumb mixtures.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saute pan over medium to medium-low heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook for 2 minutes on each side, until browned. Place them on the sheet pan and allow them to bake for 5 to 10 minutes while you make the sauce.
- For the sauce, wipe out the saute pan with a dry paper towel. Over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter and then add the lemon juice, wine, the reserved lemon halves, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Boil over high heat until reduced in half, about 2 minutes. Off the heat, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and swirl to combine. Discard the lemon halves and serve 1 chicken breast on each plate. Spoon on the sauce and serve with a slice of lemon and a sprinkling of fresh parsley.
- (You can adjust the recipe for the serving size)
NotesI made this for my parent's 37th wedding anniversary. The whole family loved it! My boyfriend said that it was the best chicken he's ever eaten. hahaha
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More