FAMILY FAVORITE SANDWICH ROLLS
- Cooking Time: 18-20
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 3/4 cups bread flour
- 1 Tbsp. active dry yeast
- 1 Tbsp. vital wheat gluten
- Place all the ingredients in the breadmaker according to the manufacturer's recommendation.
- Select "Dough" cycle and press "Start". Watch the dough in the beginning to make sure it is a nice elastic consistency. Depending on your flour and weather, you might have to add a little more flour or water at the beginning kneading phase.
- When dough has completed the cycle, turn out onto a lightly floured surface and form into a long log shape. Cut in half, then cut each half into thirds, and finally each third in half again to make 12 rolls.
- Form into balls, ovals, or desired shape and flatten slightly. Place on a large sheet pan, lightly greased and sprinkled with cornmeal. I like to place them not too far apart so that they touch after rising. Cover with a clean towel and allow to rise until doubled in size. I usually let them rise over an hour so that they are large and airy.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and bake rolls for 18-20 minutes, or until nicely browned.
NotesI have been wearing out my breadmaker's "Dough" setting making these rolls for my family...a tweak here and there, this recipe is mine. We never buy bread anymore since these taste so much better than store bought. You can shape and eat them any way you want, even as hot dog buns. My family can't get enough of these rolls because they are that good!
Note: I use a silpat (silicone baking mat) on my sheet pan, then sprinkled with cornmeal. This is a marvelous tool, making for easy release of baked products.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Blue Cheese And Bacon Cheese Ball
matt's base red sauceSee More