- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 25-30
- Preparation Time: that depends
- *255g butter, softened
- *140g castor sugar
- *1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- *2 tsp vanilla extract ( essence)
- *250g plain flour
- *25g cocoa powder
- *350g dark chocolate/ chocolate chips ( up to u)
- 1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees/357 F./ Gas mark 5. Line 2 baking sheets with baking parchment.( though i use e more convinent aluminium foil.)
- 2. Put the butter and sugar into a bowl and mix it well, then beat in the egg yolk and vanilla extract.
- 3. Sift flour, cocoa & pinch of salt into mixture ( u might wan to sift into a bowl first, then sift again into batter). Add in chopped chocolate or choco chips into mixture and stir till thoroughly combined.
- 4. Dip a kitchen towel ( the serviette type) into some butter/ margerine. Rub the butter into the baking sheet or al. foil. Scoop about 2 tsp of dough into hand and roll it. Flatten on tray. ( i prefer just scoopin it then dump it on to the tray for a random effect)
- 5. Space them just enough. The cookies will expand. ( i cannot stress that enough 0_o)
- 6. Bake for 15 to 20 mins or until brown. Cool on the tray for 5 min before using a palette knife or spatula, transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Serve.
NotesI came across it 1 day in my mum's favourite baking book. It was one of the simplest recipes in the book,so I decided to try to bake it. It was my first time baking this frm scratch so Im very proud wen they came out fantastic.Enjoy !
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Simple Homemade Favorites
Amsterdam Friends CookbookSee More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More