- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 25-30
- Preparation Time: that depends
- *255g butter, softened
- *140g castor sugar
- *1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- *2 tsp vanilla extract ( essence)
- *250g plain flour
- *25g cocoa powder
- *350g dark chocolate/ chocolate chips ( up to u)
- 1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees/357 F./ Gas mark 5. Line 2 baking sheets with baking parchment.( though i use e more convinent aluminium foil.)
- 2. Put the butter and sugar into a bowl and mix it well, then beat in the egg yolk and vanilla extract.
- 3. Sift flour, cocoa & pinch of salt into mixture ( u might wan to sift into a bowl first, then sift again into batter). Add in chopped chocolate or choco chips into mixture and stir till thoroughly combined.
- 4. Dip a kitchen towel ( the serviette type) into some butter/ margerine. Rub the butter into the baking sheet or al. foil. Scoop about 2 tsp of dough into hand and roll it. Flatten on tray. ( i prefer just scoopin it then dump it on to the tray for a random effect)
- 5. Space them just enough. The cookies will expand. ( i cannot stress that enough 0_o)
- 6. Bake for 15 to 20 mins or until brown. Cool on the tray for 5 min before using a palette knife or spatula, transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Serve.
NotesI came across it 1 day in my mum's favourite baking book. It was one of the simplest recipes in the book,so I decided to try to bake it. It was my first time baking this frm scratch so Im very proud wen they came out fantastic.Enjoy !
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More