- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6 Dz.
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 medium-sized eggs
- 2 1/2 cups sifted, all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups raisins or coarsely chopped pecans
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate pieces
- Beat softened margarine, brown and white sugars, vanilla, water and eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer until creamy and thoroughly blended.
- By hand, stir in flour, baking soda, and salt until well mixed.
- Stir in raisins and chocolate pieces.
- Using the teaspoon from measuring set, spoon dough by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
- Allow 1-1 between cookies for spreading.
- Bake in moderate 375F oven for about 8 minutes or until cookies are nicely browned, depending on how crisp or well done you like them.
- Makes about 6 dozen.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More