- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6 Dz.
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 medium-sized eggs
- 2 1/2 cups sifted, all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups raisins or coarsely chopped pecans
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate pieces
- Beat softened margarine, brown and white sugars, vanilla, water and eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer until creamy and thoroughly blended.
- By hand, stir in flour, baking soda, and salt until well mixed.
- Stir in raisins and chocolate pieces.
- Using the teaspoon from measuring set, spoon dough by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
- Allow 1-1 between cookies for spreading.
- Bake in moderate 375F oven for about 8 minutes or until cookies are nicely browned, depending on how crisp or well done you like them.
- Makes about 6 dozen.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More