FAMOUS SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES
- Cooking Time: 8 to 11
- Servings: 36
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease cookie sheets.
- Sift together the flour, the cream of tartar, the baking soda, and the salt.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the butter and 1 1/2 cups of the sugar.
- Add and continue beating, the eggs.
- Beat flour mixture into butter mixture, until smoothly incorporated.
- Pull off pieces of the dough and roll between the palms to form generous 1 1/4-inch balls.
- Roll in a mixture of 1/4 cup of sugar, and the cinnamon.
- Space about 2 3/4 inches apart on sheets.
- Bake 1 pan at a time, in the upper third of the oven for about 8 to 11 minutes, or until the cookies are light golden brown around the edges. Rotate sheets half way through baking for even browning.
- Transfer sheets to wire racks and let stand after cookies firm up slightly, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Then, transfer the cookies to wire racks and cool thoroughly.
- Cool cookie sheets between batches or cookies may spread too much.
- Store, airtight, for 10 days, or freeze up to one month.
- Makes about 3 dozen
NotesEnjoy this German classic. My Aunt Angela was born & raised there, this is her recipe.
Famous Snickerdoodle Cookies
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 10.8 g
Saturated Fat 6.5 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5 g
Monounsaturated Fat 3.2 g
Cholesterol 51.2 mg
Sodium 110.9 mg
Potassium 85.7 mg
Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
Sugars 19.4 g
Protein 2.2 g