Fancy Bean Casserole
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
* 3 cups frozen French-style green beans
* 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
* 1 can (11 ounces) shoepeg corn, drained
* 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
* 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
* 1/2 cup shredded process cheese (Velveeta)
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 3 tablespoons butter
* 3/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 18 crackers)
* 1/4 cup slivered almonds
In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. In a skillet, melt butter. Add cracker crumbs and almonds; cook and stir until lightly browned. Sprinkle over top.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through and topping is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.