- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups vanilla wafer cookie crumbs
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 10 oz. good quality white chocolate, chopped
- 3 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier
- Lemon Curd
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened, cut into tablespoons
- 1 paper doily
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in a small saucepan over low heat or in microwave. Allow remaining 1/2 cup butter to soften at room temperature. Mix together cookie crumbs, lemon zest, sugar, and 1/2 cup melted butter. Pat mixture in bottom and up sides of buttered 10-inch spring-form pan. Freeze covered 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven 350F (175C). Set spring-form pan containing crust on a baking sheet.
- Melt chocolate in top of a double boiler or in a small saucepan over a larger pot of simmering water. Remove from heat and cool 5 minutes. Beat chocolate and cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until incorporated. Beat 1/2 cup softened butter and Grand Marnier into mixture until thoroughly blended. Pour batter into prepared pan over crust.
- Place baking sheet with pan in middle rack of oven. Bake 1 hour until
- cheesecake puffs up and knife inserted off-center comes out clean. Cheesecake center will continue to cook and become firm once removed from oven and cake will sink slightly as it cools. Place baking sheet with pan on wire rack. Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, make Lemon Curd. Whisk together egg yolks, granulated sugar and lemon juice in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly so mixture does not boil, until mixture thickens, about 8-10 minutes. When thickened, remove from heat and immediately stir in butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until mixture is smooth. Cool completely. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- Spread lemon curd in an even layer over top of cooled cheesecake. Place cheesecake on a large dish and chill uncovered for 2 hours. When lemon curd sets, run a knife around edge of cake to loosen from pan. Release pan latch and remove pan collar.
- Place a paper doily on top of lemon curd. Sift powdered sugar evenly over doily. Remove doily to reveal powdered sugar design. Cut individual wedges from cheesecake and serve cold with a dollop of fresh whipped cream. Store covered in plastic wrap in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
NotesLemon curd topping a cheesecake adds a lively lift to this buttery, decadent dessert. In the past, I’ve used prepared lemon curd purchased at the grocery store to fill tartlets. The commercial curd pales in comparison to fresh curd.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More