- Cooking Time: 45 minutes ,Cool: 45 min
- Servings: about 40 pieces
- Preparation Time: 45 minutes Stand: 45 min
- * 2 cups sugar
- * 1/2 cup water
- * 1/4 cup half-and-half or light cream
- * 1 tablespoon light-colored corn syrup
- * 2 tablespoons Amaretto or coffee liqueur
- * 1 pound dipping chocolate or confectioner's coating
- 1. Butter the sides of a heavy 2-quart saucepan. In the saucepan combine sugar, water, cream, and light corn syrup. Cook over medium-high heat to boiling, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon to dissolve sugar. This should take 5 to 6 minutes. Avoid splashing mixture on sides of pan. Carefully clip candy thermometer to side of saucepan.
- 2. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the thermometer registers 240 degree F, soft-ball stage. The mixture should boil at a moderate, steady rate over the entire surface. Reaching soft-ball stage should take 15 to 20 minutes.
- 3. Remove saucepan from heat. Cool, without stirring, to lukewarm (110 degree F). This should take about 45 minutes. Remove candy thermometer from saucepan. Add Amaretto or coffee liqueur; beat with the wooden spoon until candy becomes creamy and slightly stiff. This should take about 10 minutes.
- 4. Shape candy into 1-inch balls; place balls on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper. Let the balls stand at room temperature about 20 minutes or until dry.
- 5. Melt the dipping chocolate or confectioner's coating. Carefully dip balls into melted chocolate. Let excess chocolate drip off balls. Place the dipped balls on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper until dry. Store tightly covered in a cool, dry place. Makes about 40 pieces.
- Fancy Vanilla Chocolates: Prepare Fancy Liqueur Chocolates as directed above, except substitute 2 teaspoons vanilla for the Amaretto or coffee liqueur.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More