- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 6 to 8
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 2 (8oz.) cans crescent rolls
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can Mexican corn, drained
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed (about 1/2 can)
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1 green bell pepper, should stand flat
- 1 red bell pepper, should stand flat
- small head lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 tomato, diced
- small can black olives, drained
- sour cream
- Arrange crescent rolls onto large round stone, or sprayed cookie sheet in sunflower pattern. Large ends will over lap each other (all large ends should be on the inside of the ring) and small ends will hang half way over edge.
- Brown ground beef.
- Add onion and garlic, cook until soft.
- Drain beef.
- Add taco seasoning and 1/2 cup salsa, cook all liquid out.
- Spoon onto crescent rolls (in the middle of the crescents).
- Sprinkle corn and beans on top of beef.
- Sprinkle with 1 1/2 cup of cheese, (use more or less to your taste).
- Flip small ends over meat mixture to make a ring.
- Brush with egg white.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 25, sprinkle with the rest of the cheese (optional) and bake for another 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Cut top off both bell peppers and clean out the seeds.
- Fill red with sour cream and green with salsa.
- When ring is done, slide onto a big platter, fill middle with lettuce, tomatoes and olives, set filled peppers in middle of lettuce. Fancy Schmancy!
NotesI got this recipe from a friend, I added corn and beans to make it a little heartier. I also added the red bell pepper and sour cream...Yummy
My daughter and her friends named this dish. It's a very easy and pretty to spice up week day meals!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
A Falcon Feast
Recipes for Vitality
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More