- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is my favorite fudge to make. It used to be on the back of the jars of Kraft marshmallow cream.
- 3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 1 small can (5 oz.) evaporated milk (about 2/3 cup)
- 1-1/2 pkg. (12 squares) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, chopped
- 1 jar (7 oz.) JET-PUFFED Marshmallow Creme
- 1 cup chopped PLANTERS Walnuts
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- LINE 9-inch square pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan; set aside. Place sugar, butter and evaporated milk in large heavy saucepan.
- Bring to full rolling boil on medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil 4 min. or until candy thermometer reaches 234°F, stirring constantly to prevent scorching. Remove from heat.
- ADD chocolate and marshmallow creme; stir until completely melted. Add walnuts and vanilla; mix well.
- POUR immediately into prepared pan; spread to form even layer in pan. Let stand at room temperature 4 hours or until completely cooled; cut into 1-inch squares.
- Store in tightly covered container at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 25 min
- Makes: 3 lb. or 40 servings, about two squares each