FARFALLE ALLA CREMA MUSCATO GORGONZOLA
Farfalle Alla Crema Muscato Gorgonzola
If you are ha..Read More
- 3 Tb Butter
- 2 Shallots Minced Fine
- 1 clove of Garlic Minced fine
- 2 oz Muscat Canelli or Muscato
- 3 oz Chicken
- 3/4 cup Heavy Cream
- The Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 lb Gorgonzola Naturale (Hard Gorg) Aged Gorgonzola
- 1/4 lb Gorgonzola Dolce (Dolcelatte or Creamy Gorg) Young Gorgonzola
- Pinch of Kosher salt + more for boiling water
- Freshly Ground Black pepper
- Handful of Italian Parsley Coarsely Chopped
- 1 lb Spinach or Squash Farfalle or Conchiglie
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and drop the pasta.
Over medium heat, melt butter and sauté shallots and garlic about 3 minutes.
Add the Muscat and let it reduce by half.
Reduce heat to low and add stock and cream, then bring back to a simmer.
Stir in the crumbled gorgonzola and stir until melted.
Add the Lemon zest.
Season with Kosher Salt and Cracked Black Pepper.
Drain the pasta and place in a large shallow bowl.
Pour the Gorgonzola Sauce over the Pasta and toss to coat.
Sprinkle with the chopped Parsley and toss again.
Dive into a sea of blue-green deliciousness.
If you are having issues finding Docelatte you can use regular aged gorgonzola, it will just be a little stronger in flavor.