- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 Tb Butter
- 2 Shallots Minced Fine
- 1 clove of Garlic Minced fine
- 2 oz Muscat Canelli or Muscato
- 3 oz Chicken
- 3/4 cup Heavy Cream
- The Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 lb Gorgonzola Naturale (Hard Gorg) Aged Gorgonzola
- 1/4 lb Gorgonzola Dolce (Dolcelatte or Creamy Gorg) Young Gorgonzola
- Pinch of Kosher salt + more for boiling water
- Freshly Ground Black pepper
- Handful of Italian Parsley Coarsely Chopped
- 1 lb Spinach or Squash Farfalle or Conchiglie
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and drop the pasta.
- Over medium heat, melt butter and sauté shallots and garlic about 3 minutes.
- Add the Muscat and let it reduce by half.
- Reduce heat to low and add stock and cream, then bring back to a simmer.
- Stir in the crumbled gorgonzola and stir until melted.
- Add the Lemon zest.
- Season with Kosher Salt and Cracked Black Pepper.
- Drain the pasta and place in a large shallow bowl.
- Pour the Gorgonzola Sauce over the Pasta and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with the chopped Parsley and toss again.
- Serve immediately.
- Dive into a sea of blue-green deliciousness.
NotesA recipe for those that love Bleu Cheese... This is a great luncheon pasta dish, unless you are into eating light, this is phenomenal with a side of sliced pears and prosciutto.
If you are having issues finding Docelatte you can use regular aged gorgonzola, it will just be a little stronger in flavor.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More