- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 box TriColor Farfalle
- 1/2 stick Butter
- 2-3 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1/2 pkg fresh Baby Spinach
- Lg pinch fresh Basil, torn
- 1/2c +/- fresh Asparagus, tips only
- 1 tblsp Flour
- 1 1/2 - 2c Cream
- 1/4c frozen Peas
- 1/4 chicken, cooked, chopped
- 1/2c fresh Ricotta
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook pasta in boiling, salted water til just al Dente. While pasta boils, heat butter in large skillet. Add garlic and sauté 2-3min til aromatic. Add spinach, basil and asparagus; salt & pepper, and cook til spinach is wilted and asparagus is bright green and tender, 5-7min. Sprinkle flour over veggies and stir to make a roux; cook 2-4min. Slowly add 1cup or so of cream, stirring to incorporate and avoid lumps. Add peas and chicken, and cook 4-6min til heated thru. Add cheese by the teaspoons, and stir to melt and incorporate. Add more cream as needed to keep from becoming terribly thick, like gravy- you want this thin like an Alfredo sauce.
- Drain pasta, pour sauce & veggies over and toss well to coat. Serve w/nice crusty Italian or French bread!
NotesI like to use the TriColor pasta to make it more interesting, since everything else in it is green and white. Using Ricotta instead of hard cheese makes it very creamy and mild
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Life on a Beach Easy Seafood Cooking at HomeSee More
Pandas' Favorite Pie by Kaylan & Finn Agarwal
Peggy's Hot Canapes
Panera Broccoli Cheese SoupSee More