- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line muffin tins with paper or foil cups or lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa, and baking soda into a large mixing bowl. Add the water, oil, vinegar and vanilla and beat at medium speed for about 3 minutes until well combined.
- Make the filling:
- In a large bowl, using a wooden spoon, cream the cream cheese. Add the egg, sugar and salt and beat until smooth and thoroughly combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Assemble the farm cakes:
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full. Spoon 2 teaspoons of the filling into the center of each cake.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the cakes spring back when lightly touched. Serve warm or at room temperature.
NotesChocolate cream cheese cupcakes, rich and gooey. I discovered these little gems in a 1985 issue of Chocolatier Magazine and have been making them ever since. These muffin-sized chocolate cakes with a cream cheese and chocolate chip filling are also known as “Black Bottom Cupcakes.” Be sure to serve these with a tall glass of cold milk.
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Righteous Indignation Raspberry-Nut Bars
Michigan Berry Pie
Warm Lentil & Pasta SoupSee More