- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line muffin tins with paper or foil cups or lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa, and baking soda into a large mixing bowl. Add the water, oil, vinegar and vanilla and beat at medium speed for about 3 minutes until well combined.
- Make the filling:
- In a large bowl, using a wooden spoon, cream the cream cheese. Add the egg, sugar and salt and beat until smooth and thoroughly combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Assemble the farm cakes:
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full. Spoon 2 teaspoons of the filling into the center of each cake.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the cakes spring back when lightly touched. Serve warm or at room temperature.
NotesChocolate cream cheese cupcakes, rich and gooey. I discovered these little gems in a 1985 issue of Chocolatier Magazine and have been making them ever since. These muffin-sized chocolate cakes with a cream cheese and chocolate chip filling are also known as “Black Bottom Cupcakes.” Be sure to serve these with a tall glass of cold milk.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Food Travels Through Italy
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!See More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More