- Cooking Time: 8
- Servings: 12 Dz.
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups shortening
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 6 cups all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 6 cups Old Fashioned Quaker Oats
- 6 cups Corn Flakes
- 3 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 3 cups walnuts or pecans
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- Cream sugars, shortening and eggs.
- Place all dry ingredients in a large stainless steel bowl*; Mix well, than add vanilla and sugar mixture - mix thoroughly.
- Roll cookie mixture into flat balls.
- Press the balls down on 3 large cookie sheets.
- Bake at 425ºF for 8 minutes.
- Makes 12 dozen cookies.
- *Large stainless bowls can be purchased at restaurant supply stores.
NotesThis recipe was given to Kathie by her maternal grandmother before we were married.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More