- Cooking Time: 8
- Servings: 12 Dz.
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe was given to Kathie by her maternal grandmother before we were married.
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups shortening
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 6 cups all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 6 cups Old Fashioned Quaker Oats
- 6 cups Corn Flakes
- 3 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 3 cups walnuts or pecans
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- Cream sugars, shortening and eggs.
- Place all dry ingredients in a large stainless steel bowl*; Mix well, than add vanilla and sugar mixture - mix thoroughly.
- Roll cookie mixture into flat balls.
- Press the balls down on 3 large cookie sheets.
- Bake at 425ºF for 8 minutes.
- Makes 12 dozen cookies.
- *Large stainless bowls can be purchased at restaurant supply stores.