- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Cup Butter Flavor Crisco Shortening
- 2 Cups White Sugar
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Jumbo Eggs
- 1 Cup Hershey's Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Reese's Peanut Butter Chips
- 3 Cups Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 Cup Chopped Nuts (optional)
- 2 Tbls. 2% milk
- 1 tsp. Real Vanilla Extract
- Cream together, shortening, sugar, brown sugar. Stir in eggs, Vanilla and Milk.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt.
- Add to mixture.
- Add chips and nuts.
- Spread in a greased jelly roll pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
NotesLiving in a Farming community during the Harvest season, I've found that it takes a "Special" type of baking to please the hungry stomaches of our hard working Farmers. The "Farmer's Harvest Bars" were named for this reason. These easy to make Bars, have proven to be a Special Treat for them. Not only are they thick and chewey with a delicate outside crunch..(Just the way "They" like Em!!), they're packed full of sweet, peanut buttery, chocolatey Goodness!! You want to be careful pulling these out of the oven, to a table full of "men"...they may not make it to the table!!! LOL!!!
My Family Cookbook
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Righteous Indignation Raspberry-Nut Bars
Michigan Berry Pie
Warm Lentil & Pasta SoupSee More